Thursday, February 24, 2011

The beginning of the end :)

           A year has drawn to a close and a new one has begun.  The Maritime Archaeology Program at Sdu has taken in its new batch of fresh minds, and I am preparing to leave.  It is not the first time I have been working on the end project or thesis which leads to graduation and then departure to new fields or tasks.  I have just returned from the Vasamuseet where I was given the great privilege to collect some of the data for my thesis.  Things are going well here, though the cold has begun to bother me a bit.  I have a new love in my life and may not be able to focus on maritime archaeology of the 17th and 18th century Virginia colony as I had intended upon my return.  My date of return back to the states is also up in the air, as I have found that I very much like Europe and would like the luxury of studying more here.  The libraries and archives are great here having a wealth of knowledge to be used.  As my thesis progresses I will be posting more often as I believe the process should be viewed by those who have in the past followed my blog.  Topics will likely include how to make paper models of artifacts as well as wood and metal replicas.  So keep an eye on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment